FOX66’s Finale Flyaway Contest Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, entrants must be U.S. and Michigan residents who are 18 years of age or older and reside in the WSMH viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and WSMH, Inc., and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast stations WSMH (the "Station"), WEYI, WGER, Digity, Chasse Ballroom and Latin Dance Studio, Fox Broadcasting Company, Fox Networks Group, Inc., Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Television Group, Twenty-First Century Fox, Fremantle Media North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Management, CORE Media Group Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each, advertising, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter. Qualified entrants 18 years of age or older may enter as often as they wish, but may only qualify once.
2. Wednesdays and Thursdays from April 1, 2015 to April 30, 2015 during the FOX 66 News at 10, viewers will be given the "Idol of the Day". Then, the following morning, viewers will be asked to listen to radio station WGER, The New Mix 106.3 (the "Radio Station") and call in on a designated telephone line when they hear the cue to call which will be a song from the "Idol of the Day". The 66th caller with the correct answer will qualify to win the grand prize.
3. One (1) qualifier will be selected in accordance with the criteria announced when calls are solicited, for a total of ten (10) qualifiers (two qualifiers per week). On May 1, 2015, one (1) Grand Prize Winner will be randomly selected from among the valid qualifiers.
4. By calling the designated telephone line, each contestant gives permission to WGER to record and/or broadcast contestant’s telephone call. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., the Radio Station, and the Station. Poorly connected or disconnected cellular phone calls may be disqualified. Calls for contestants are taken in order of receipt. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the phone line, the contestant/qualifier or winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. The use of switching or programming equipment by telephone company employees is in violation of contest rules and is not permitted. Telephone contests with "cues to call" are only official when heard on-air via radio. Due to any time delay between the Radio Station’s over-the-air signal and the Radio Station’s online webcast or streaming, listeners who listen to the Radio Station’s online stream may hear a cue to call later than listeners listening to the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online/mobile listener being able to enter or become a winner may be diminished.
1. Ten (10) Qualifiers will each receive a FOX 66/American Idol prize pack containing miscellaneous American Idol items valued at $50 each. One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip for two (2) to a 2015 American Idol Finale Show. The trip package includes roundtrip airfare for two (2) to Los Angeles, California from one of the following airports, as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion: Flint, Saginaw, Detroit, hotel accommodations for two (2) nights, one room, double occupancy, and two (2) tickets to a American Idol Finale show. Winner will be advised of exact travel dates. The trip package does not include any other expenses including and without limitation, other transportation, meals, gratuities, miscellaneous airline fees, baggage fees, trip cancellation insurance, and any other expenses. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the ticket portion of the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefore. The value of the Grand Prize is $1,300.
2. Grand Prize Winner will be notified by phone. Qualifiers will be notified at the time of their calls. Before claiming prizes, qualifiers/grand prize winner must provide their correct name, address and telephone number at the time of notification. Qualifiers and Grand Prize Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 5 days of notification at the time each qualifier/winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. The winner’s guest to the American Idol Finale show must be at least 6 years old. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within the time frame specified above. Both Qualifiers and Grand Prize Winner must show picture identification to claim prizes. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. If a qualifier does not timely return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within 2 days or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The qualifiers and winner are responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded per household.
7. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, and WSMH, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize. The Station, sponsors, and prize provider shall not be responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip within the time frame described above, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
8. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and WSMH, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and WSMH, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of qualifying depend on the number of correct entries received and the order in which telephone calls are received. Odds of winning are 1 in 10 qualifiers.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at G-3463 W. Pierson Road, Flint, Michigan, 48504 and www.wsmh.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to at G-3463 W. Pierson Road, Flint, Michigan, 48504 by September 1, 2015.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WSMH, Inc., WGER, Digity, Chasse Ballroom and Latin Dance Studio, Fox Networks Group, Inc., News Corporation, Fox Entertainment Group, Inc., Fox Television Group, Twenty-First Century Fox, Fox Interactive Media, Fremantle Media North America, Inc., American Idol Productions, Inc., 19 TV Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Merchandising Ltd, 19 Management, CORE Media Group Inc., their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, licensees and assignees of each have no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.