Golden Apple Awards Rules
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in this contest, nominees must be Michigan residents who are teachers 18 years of age or older and reside in the WSMH viewing area. Entrants shall be public or private elementary, middle or high school located in the WSMH viewing area.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WSMH, Inc. and any other company which owns, programs or provides other services to television broadcast station WSMH (the "Station"), their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, Pioneer Sugar and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term "immediate families" includes spouses, grandparents, parents, siblings, children and grandchildren.
How to Enter
1. No purchase is necessary to enter.
2. To enter, complete the FOX66 Golden Apple Awards nomination form found at wsmh.com. No reproduced or incomplete entries will be accepted.
3. The contest starts at 4:30Pm on Friday January 1, 2016, and all entries must be received by Station by 5:30pm ET on Sunday January 31, 2016. Station is not responsible for lost, late, or misdirected mail/entries, or for printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction.
4. All nominated teachers will be notified and their name will be featured on-line at wsmh.com beginning Tuesday February 2, 2016 by 10am, for on-line voting. Voting will continue until 11:59am ET on Monday February 29, 2016. The teacher with the most on-line votes will be declared the winner on Wednesday, March 9, 2016 on FOX 66’s 10pm News. In the event of a tie, the winner will be randomly chosen from among the tied teachers.
5. All entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc. and the Station and will not be acknowledged or returned.
1. One (1) winner will be selected. The winner will receive a FOX 66 Golden Apple Award in their name and be recognized for their tremendous work through on-air promotions aired on WSMH throughout March 2016. The value of the prize cannot be determined.
2. Winner will be notified by their schools principal. Winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within 10 days of notification. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding the prize based on the identification presented.
3. Failure to collect the prize within 10 days will constitute forfeiture of the prize. If forfeited, the prize will remain the property of Station. Another winner will not be selected.
4. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for prizes except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
5. The winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules.
6. Only one prize will be awarded. Contestants are eligible to win only one prize within any 30 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
7. WSMH, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not liable if the provider of any part of the prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
8. WSMH, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. are not responsible for any liabilities arising directly or indirectly from the award or use of the prize.
9. In claiming your prize, you acknowledge that WSMH, Inc., Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. and Sinclair Television Group, Inc. have the right to publicize your name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that you are the winner for promotional purposes without financial remuneration.
Odds of Winning/Miscellaneous
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries received.
2. Complete contest rules are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at WSMH G-3463 W. Pierson Rd., Flint, MI 48504 and on the Station’s website at www.wsmh.com.
3. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to WSMH G-3463 W. Pierson Rd., Flint, MI 48504 and on the Station’s website at www.wsmh.com by June 28, 2016.
4. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., WSMH, Inc., and Pioneer Sugar accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
5. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information.
6. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the aforementioned contest dates.